Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Caleb's Baby Dedication

This past Sunday was Caleb's Baby Dedication. This was a very special day for our sweet boy and a day that I can't wait to tell him about and show him pictures of when he gets older. Like our preacher always says, it's not actually dedicating Caleb to the Lord because their will come a day when he makes the decision to accept and follow Christ, but instead it's his family and church family promising to dedicate themselves to leading and teaching Caleb.
 It was a very special day for our family. Its not very often that both sides of our family are together, but Sunday we had a crowd of family that love their little man. Great-grandparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends!
After church I wanted us all to have time hanging out together and loving on our little man so we had everyone over for chili and taco soup. It was a great afternoon spending time with both of our families!
"I could have no greater joy than to hear my children are following the truth"
3 John 1:4
Lord, I pray that you give Jason and I the knowledge and wisdom to raise our child so that he will one day accept you as his savior. I pray that you show us how to raise him, discipline him and protect him in a world that often times turns their back to you. Thank you for giving us your precious gift and for choosing us to be his parents. Help us to love you first and seek you daily. Thank you for our little blessing!


3 comments:

  1. Love this! Caleb looks so handsome and you looke adorable (as always).

    ps. It makes me smile that Joel is your pastor, he was my youth minister! He is such a wonderful man. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you girl! It was a very special day! I did not realize Joel was your youth pastor. He is GREAT!

      Delete
  2. Caleb is getting so big. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete