Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Few of our Favorite Things

Trying to register for baby items when you have never been a mommy was a little overwhelming. I figured why not share a few things that I have loved and have worked for Caleb and I. What works for us may not work for you , but I hope it helps someone.
Swaddle Me Blankets- These blankets worked perfect for Caleb for about 3 months. I felt like a terrible mother maybe even shed a few tears the first couple of days for tying him up at night, but "Oh Boy" did it help. He got used to the little routine for bedtime and they worked for him until he got big enough to kick them off.
Swaddle Blanket= Sleeping Baby and Happy Mommy

Zip Up Sleepers- These are a LIFESAVER! For those late night diaper changes or those days when you can never seem to get the snaps lined up and snapped correctly these bad boys come in handy.

Giraffe Wubbanub- I was the girl that said my baby will never have pacifier, they gross me out, they won't be walking around talking with a passy, BLAH BLAH BLAH! Well guess what my baby has a passy that he loves "obsessed with" and not only is it a passy it has a giraffe attached to it. It's super cute for now and he loves his little giraffe, but hopefully we won't be walking around talking with a giraffe hanging out of our mouth :)
Monkey Bouncer- Love this- For the first few days after coming home from the hospital he actually slept in his bouncer. Every morning while mommy and daddy get ready for work this is where you will find little man playing and watching us get ready.
Sweet boy snoozing in his bouncy seat
Pampers Swaddlers- These are our favorite by far. Very rarely have explosions or leaks and very little booty rash! (FYI...they carry size 4 and 5 Swaddlers at Target now!)
Summer Infant Video Monitor- LOVE THIS! I thought I wanted the motion sensor mat after I realized my baby was a tummy sleeper and ran to Babies R US and bought one, but after that motion sensor beeping all night saying my baby wasn't breathing I quickly realized that I did not need the motion sensor and that our video monitor would serve its purpose perfectly. If you turn the volume up loud you can even hear them breathing :) I know it...I am a little paranoid!
This is what I look at A LOT throughout the night!

Chico 30 Car seat with extra base- We have loved this car seat. Getting an extra base for daddy's truck was a must. Most days Jason carries Caleb to daycare and I pick him up so all we have to do is snap him in any car and we are ready to ride!
This boy loves riding and taking naps in his car seat, but once the car stops we are WIDE AWAKE!
 Snap-N-Go- We did not register for a travel system, but instead got a Snap-N-Go and a nice umbrella type stroller. First, the Snap-N-Go weighs about 5 pounds...I can pick it up with one hand easily. It unfolds very easily and you just snap your car seat down in it and you are ready to go ( Snap-N-Go literally). This is used for as long as they are in an infant car seat.
Chico Liteway Stroller- Now that we are getting bigger and sitting up much better we are starting to use our big boy stroller some. I have loved it so far. Also, very light and easy to maneuver and can be used up to 50 pounds.
He loves sitting up and seeing EVERYTHING!
Gas Relief Drops- Instant Miracle- we will have a screaming child and give him a dose of these miracle drops and we have a little ANGEL!
Battery Operated Nose Suction- Works great for getting all that snot and yucky junk out of his nose. Caleb is not the biggest fan of this little handy device, but mommy and daddy love it and it works great!
I-Phone- It's not a must have, but I have LOVED everything about it. I got it the week after Caleb was born and have enjoyed being able to take great pictures and videos of our little man. I also love FaceTime and knowing mommy, daddy, grandparents, can see him if we are away.

Hope this helps some of you new mommies!
 Link up here with Angela, Katie, and Elenie

No comments:

Post a Comment