Thursday, August 30, 2012

38 Weeks...Just Hanging Out

Today, I went in for my 38 weeks appointment. I was 100% percent positive SOMETHING was going on down there after all of the pains and CONTRACTIONS I have been having.  Not to mention these days the comments from friends and strangers consist of "How far along are you?....He is really low."..."Look at that belly".  Well, it came time for "the check" and I was totally surprised to hear her say "Nothing...still nice and tight". She did end on a positive note by saying that he was head down and in great position. I'm totally ok with him baking for a few more weeks, but I was just shocked to hear that there was no progress!

At the doctor today:
Heartbeat: 166 - she said we have an active little boy :)
Blood Pressure: 112/70 - Very good for mommy
Weight: Ummm...let's not talk about that. Let's just say I told Jason to watch out because I am on his heals in the weight contest :)
What We've Been Up to Lately...
The past two days we have been blessed with more goodies for our little man. Yesterday, Jason's sweet co-workers gave us a wonderful shower with lots of goodies. They knew exactly what we needed...LOTS OF DIAPERS! Today, my wonderful co-workers had refreshments in the lounge for everyone to enjoy and we were given a VERY NICE gift card  to help purchase the things that we will need once Caleb arrives along with a few other goodies. We are so blessed with so many wonderful friends and family members. We have received so many wonderful gifts and can not wait for Caleb to arrive so that we can put them all to good use.

Jason's work shower


PGES Shower

For now we are just hanging out and waiting for Mr.Caleb to decide he is ready to meet everyone. I guess we can have a relaxing Labor Day weekend grilling and watching football.


No comments:

Post a Comment