Tuesday, August 21, 2012

36 Weeks and Nursery Reveal !

WOW...it was so strange to type 36 weeks because I know that means that in about 4 weeks...LESS than a month we will have our little man in our arms :).  Since my last update I have been focusing most of my attention on the beginning of the school year and getting my classroom ready. I have spent hours and hours preparing for this new school year, but my goal is to have a good routine going and everything organized, so that when our precious Caleb gets here I will be able to focus my attention on him and everything will be running smooth for my babies at school :). Monday, was the first day for students to return to school and so far my class has been wonderful. I am anticipating a GREAT year, but I must say I have been one tired momma these past two days when the bell FINALLY rings.

 36 Weeks :)

My wonderful co-workers before Meet the Teacher


Saturday, I went for my first "check". It was the normal routine: lab work, weigh in, and blood pressure check - which was perfect! During my visit, she did the Strep B Test, then came "the check".  I was a little shocked when she looked at me and said, "nice and tight"! I was so sure that SOMETHING was going on down there because I have been having lots of pains and  he is constantly jumping up and down on my cervix causing lots of pressure! I'm totally ok with him baking for a few more weeks, because I know that just means he is developing into a healthy little boy.
As far as preparing for our little man goes...my list is getting much shorter! Only a FEW things left...
  •  Finish packing our bags for the hospital and have them in the car before our 37 weeks appointment which is Saturday morning.
  • Getting a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed...mommy has to be looking good when the BIG day arrives.
  • Deep clean on the house to have it nice and clean before bringing our little man home
The nursery is complete! I think it turned out very cute and I can not wait to bring Caleb home and begin our life as a family of 3. Now...you get to go on a tour of the nursery....I know you can hardly contain your excitement :)

Changing area with an old wooden mirror found at a yard sale along with floating shelves with rustic picture frames that for now have maternity pictures in them, but will have pictures of a cute little boy soon!


     Bed and dinosaur bedding  with his name hanging on a curtain rod behind the bed...Thank you Pinterest!
     Chest with his toy and book baskets, cute picture made by my sweet friend Mandy, and cute little lamp..once again THANKS to Pinterest!

Old Window that will have pictures of sweet Caleb in it  along with his little hospital outfits hanging from the knobs VERY SOON :)

Tomorrow will be 37 weeks...I am going to try and be better about keeping everyone informed and updated with any news over the next few weeks as it gets closer to the BIG DAY! Stay Tuned...hopefully we will be meeting Caleb very soon!



4 comments:

  1. Very cute nursery! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Momma AND the nursery are just PRECIOUS!! Hope you have a better morning tomorrow!! Love u and Caleb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery is beautiful!! Y'all did such a great job!! I am so glad I can keep up with y'all on here! You look adorable! Glad you are feeling well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the nursery! Turned out perfect! Can't wait for baby Caleb, who knows... he may make his appearance before Gage:)

    Love you girl! Hang in there, not much longer!!!

    ReplyDelete