Thursday, June 7, 2012

RAISING BABY ROSS !

I have been saying since we found out that we were expecting that I wanted to begin blogging. Well now that I am over half way through my pregnancy I am finally beginning my first blog. It's finally SUMMER and I have a little more time on my hands these days. Baby Ross is due September 12, 2012!


THE test...

We went to Gatlinburg to celebrate New Years Eve and while we were there all I could think about was when we got back home it would be time take THE test! My parents went with us to Gatlinburg  and it was so hard for me not to say anything. The whole time we were there I just had this feeling that I was pregnant. My body was feeling different and even looking a little different ( I will leave out those details :) I had planned to take the first test on the Tuesday morning (it is recommended that you test first thing in the morning), the day after we returned from Gatlinburg. When we walked in the door on Monday afternoon from Gatlinburg I just could not wait any longer. I just had a FEELING.   The packaging said it would take 1-3 minutes, so I waited paitently for about 30 seconds :) before I looked down and saw what was a very clear positive reading. At this moment I had about a million different feelings go through my body in a split second. I ran into the den where Jason was and said Oh My Gosh...you have got to come see this and see if I am seeing it right. I am pretty sure it is POSITIVE. I looked and looked and LOOKED at that test all night. The next morning I woke up SUPER early to take another test. Once again...POSITIVE! We were so excited and felt so blessed that God was about to lead us on the most exciting journey of our lives...We are going to be PARENTS!
Spreading the news...

My plan was to wait until I went to the doctor and heard that precious heartbeat to tell anyone that we were expecting. I was not even four weeks along when we found out and it was going to be three more weeks before my doctor's visit. Needless to say we could not hold in the excitement and decided to tell our parents and siblings before the doctors visit. The night of the national championship game we went over to my parents to watch the game. When we got there we had lots of things in our hands including our crazy dog...Louie! The most important thing was that Jason was holding a frame with a poem in it that I had written from Baby Ross to his grandparents. When we walked in we pretended to be struggling to hold everything and Jason asked my mom to hold the frame while he took care of Louie. She grabbed the frame from him and we were expecting her to immediately be nosey and start looking at it. It seemed like forever which was probably only a few seconds before she looked down and started reading the poem. Within seconds the tears were flowing along with the excitement. As soon as she got finished reading the poem she passed it to my dad to read and he just had the Biggest smile on his face the entire time. We hung out to watch the game and share the excitement with my parents and sisters. The next night it was time to head to Jason's parents house to share the news with them. A little background information to for the rest of the story to make since.  (Earlier in the day at work I won a grant from CBS 42 News)! We walked in to his parents house holding the frame with the poem again. Jason handed it to his mom and told her to look at what I had gotten today for my grant. She looked down and started reading. Within a few seconds she realized we had tricked her and the tears began to flow. His parents were very excited and wanted to hear all the details! We got to spend some time with them just talking baby stuff :)

The wait...

It seemed like forever for the next three weeks to go by before going to the doctor to hear that first heartbeat and to hear the words from the professionals...YOU ARE PREGNANT!  So while we didn't feel comfortable sharing our wonderful news with the world, we did celebrate a little in private with our very immediate family! Finally the day arrived for us to go to the doctor. We were so excited and so nervous at the same time. Once we were in the ultrasound room and our sweet little US tech began it was the most wonderful feeling in the world. Getting to see that little microscopic baby, but with a heart that was already beating so strong was the most amazing sound that my ears have ever heard.



I am going to update big moments so far throughout my pregnancy ( and try to leave out all the little details) and try to keep you up to date on the next 14 weeks (or less :) of our little journey of Raising a Ross through this blog. I hope that one day it will provide wonderful memories for us to look back on and allow our precious boy to know all about how excited we were about him!

1 comment:

  1. Love it love it love it!! So glad you are blogging!! Cant wait to meet Caleb!!

    ReplyDelete