Friday, June 8, 2012

The Pregnancy Journey...SO FAR :)

We are just 14 weeks away from meeting our baby boy! We have started trying to get things ready for his arrival. His bedroom furniture is here and set up in his room along with the bedding...now its time to decide how to decorate the room! Thanks to Pinterest I have a few ideas. ( I will post pictures when the room is COMPLETE!) Caleb's precious daddy is currently building a room in the basement that will become a playroom/office/ storage closet area since Caleb's things are already taking over our house :). We also went ahead and registered since we are having our first baby shower in July and the month of June is very busy with wedding fun for Aunt Jill!
To get you caught up on the past 26 weeks I am going to do a picture pregnancy progression update to take from you the beginning until now and not bore you with stories and details since I have basically felt GREAT throughout my entire pregnancy so far. I will do another post later on our Gender Reveal party so that you all can see the pictures and excitement from that night.
12 weeks

16 weeks

20 weeks
24 weeks

Well now that I am currently 26 weeks...let's see what Mr.Caleb is up to do these days and see how mommy is changing.

At 26 Weeks:
Most babies are the size of an eggplant and weigh up to 2.2 pounds. I am feeling like he weighs every bit of the 2.2 pounds ( maybe a little more :). Also, at 26 weeks, babies are building up immunity and are forming eyes that will be able to blink soon.

Movement:
I believe that Caleb is going to be an ultimate fighter the way he is acting in my belly. He is a wild boy... Rolling, moving, kicking, punching!

Maternity Clothes:
 The maternity jeans and shorts are fitting WONDERFUL. My Nike shorts are my friends during the day while I am at home with a BIG t-shirt.  My "normal" shirts are getting tight but I am still wearing some of them for now while I can. I have a few maternity tops also that are very comfy.

Sleep:
Once I finally get comfortable I sleep hard. I often wake up remembering crazy dreams, but for now I am sleeping pretty good! No complaints for sure :)

Cravings/Aversions:
As far as aversions go throughout my entire pregnancy one of my pre-pregnancy favorites, grilled chicken, has become rather gross to me and does not taste right no matter who is cooking it!   I am LOVIN Icee's (I have been the entire pregnancy so far), and Ice Cream. I am hungry a lot during the day, but at nights my belly feels very tight and full and I don't have much of an appetite. 

Momma's Belly:

My belly is already getting rather large. I think it grows every night while I am asleep. I have started rubbing CoCo butter on my growing belly in hopes of preventing any stretchmarks. I really can't imagine what my belly will look like in  14 weeks after seeing how much it has grown here lately.

Next week will be an exciting week! On Thursday we are having a 4-D ultrasound to get a last look at our little man before he makes his entrance into the world. I can not wait to see him and see what all of these flips are that he is doing inside my belly. Also, in about two weeks I will take my glucose test. Let's pray that turns out good :)






No comments:

Post a Comment