Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wedding Weekend!

It seems like we have had non-stop busy weekends here lately, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Busy life= LOTS of memories being made.
This weekend was definitely a weekend full of special memories.
Saturday
We woke up Saturday morning to begin the festivities of my little sister, Jenni's big day. Every day the chance of rain had increased and increased which was not a good thing since this was going to be an outside wedding. When I rolled over Saturday morning I saw a little peep of Mr. Sunshine which made me super excited. Immediately I began praying with lots of others that the day would stay beautiful for the wedding, and the Lord was so good and not only did it not rain, we also saw  the sun. It was a beautiful day for a wonderful couple.  I was honored to be standing beside my sister on her special day, but she also wanted little man to be a part of her wedding. Caleb got to ride in the wagon and be a part of the ceremony as well. I just love seeing how much my family adores and LOVES our little man.
Here are some pics of the day
Little man doing his part :)
He did such a good job...he sat perfectly still in the wedding during the entire ceremony
 The bride and groom's cake. It has a story for sure :)
Scott owns a business (Southern Offroad), where his job is basically to soop up jeeps and trucks and make them look cool...I know it's a lot more than that , but that is a girly way of describing what he does. Lift kits, wenches, all that boy stuff. Needless to say, the cake fit them PERFECTLY!

 Mr. and Mrs. Lovelady...I must say they are one SUPER CUTE couple!


All the Smith girls with their hubbies
Caleb getting some love from his Aunt Jenni
 Our little family
 We love this little stinker


  Blowing our bubbles
Mr and Mrs. Lovelady are off to Disney
Sunday
Sunday was also a special day . Two years ago the church my grandparents have attended  forever, the church my mother was raised in and the church I was raised in was totally destroyed in a matter of seconds by the April 27th tornado. Two years later the church has been rebuilt and today was their dedication service for their new building. The members dedicated the building to the Lord and as a place of refuge for those who need help. It was special being able to attend church with our Nanny today on this very special day for their church family.
Their beautiful new church building
The Ross' had another WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

Link up here

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend of memories. The story of the church is beautiful! And the wedding. I love weddings :) It looks like so much fun. And your little guy is adorable as always. The bridge and grooms cakes. Believe it or not, I've never heard of anything like that until we went down south for my sister in law and brother in law's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry just getting back with a reply :) Crazy week! The wedding was so beautiful and little man did so good. Girl in the south you see all kinds of wedding cakes, but I must say their's was pretty original but so fitting.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love the pic with the tie :) on the little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you ! I think he is a cutie but I am a little partial I know :)

      Delete